Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Many people unknowingly suffer from hormone imbalance. Imbalanced hormones can cause a host of medical problems and should be dealt with as soon as possible.
Hormone Imbalance Treatment
Hormone imbalance is a complex medical issue. As such, a variety of options are available to treat or help. To find the best hormonal imbalance treatment for you, please call (817) 284-1496.
Treatments for imbalanced hormones can include:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT), including Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), hormone pills, BioTE pellets for Women and Men and combination therapy.
- Changes in lifestyle, such as increased exercise, healthier diet, better sleep and reduced stress.
- Vitamins & supplements, such as vitamin D, calcium, dandelion, melatonin, zinc and black cohosh.
Types of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalance is a general term that can refer to upset levels of any variety of your body’s natural regulatory substances.
Hormones that are commonly imbalanced include:
- Estrogen, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Testosterone, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Melatonin, which regulates sleep.
- Ghrelin, which regulates hunger.
- Thyroid, which regulates calorie burn.
- Aldosterone, which regulates salt levels
- Cortisol, which regulates energy.
- Progesterone, which regulates pregnancy and menstruation.
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which regulates sexual function and can be converted by your body to other hormones.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
- Estrogen: Weight gain, breast cancer, hot flashes, joint pain, migraines
- Testosterone: Low sex drive, male pattern baldness, irregular menses
- Melatonin: Lack of sleep, insomnia, depression
- Ghrelin: Excessive hunger, overeating
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anxiety, irregular heartbeat
- Aldosterone: High blood pressure
- Cortisol: Weight gain, Excessive stress, high blood pressure
- Progesterone: Low sex drive, mood swings, cramps, acne, urinary tract infections
- DHEA: Adrenal fatigue, joint pain, frequent sickness, loss of muscle mass
Since many people typically experience an imbalance of more than one hormone, you may experience any number of these symptoms as a result of imbalance.
Hormonal imbalance can cause debilitating and even life-threatening problems. Take control of your hormones. Please call (817) 284-1496.